Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 2

Moore’s Law video and reading
This video really helped me to understand Moore’s Law. I really liked the host’s car analogy in relation to Moore’s Law. The accuracy of Moore’s Law is incredible; it will be interesting to see how long it continues to be true. Maybe we will see an eventual decline in the speed of electronic gadgets in our lifetime.

Computer History Museum site
I found this website to be engaging and informative. It offers lots of different things for visitors to see and is up to date with current exhibitions as well as upcoming exhibits. I thought the computer timeline was a nice section of the site, as well as the This Day in History page. This would be a great resource for elementary students doing a project or research paper on computers.

Wikipedia: Computer Hardware
Let’s just say there are many more parts to a computer that I will barely scratch the surface in understanding all of them! I give credit to those who can take these complex machines apart and tinker with them. If I ever have a problem, perhaps I will refer to this site.

1 comment:

  1. Jillian, I also will never understand all the parts of a computer! I'm hoping this class will make me technology literate, especially since technology has become such an integral part of the library.

    ReplyDelete